Re: [Fsfe-uk] New committee proposal

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] New committee proposal
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:44:54 -0000

Alex Hudson <address@hidden> wrote:
> My personal feeling is that the fault is with the constitution. [...]

I agree.  The constitution is the NCVO model one, but it was not really
meant to stand alone without standing orders and it has caused some
unsatisfactory situations.  I think that no-one was interested enough to
do them last February and we moved on without completing them, as the list
got its teeth right into patents soon after that.  Patents were something
we needed to get working on, but we have now reaped the constitution crop.

I apologise, but I've not read the rest of the threads, so I'll not
comment on other things yet.

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://address@hidden
Thought: Edwin A Abbott wrote about trouble with Windows in 1884