Re: GNU merchandise was Re: [Fsfe-uk] Leaflets for Linux Expo

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: GNU merchandise was Re: [Fsfe-uk] Leaflets for Linux Expo
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 07:58:45 +0100

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 00:40, Nick Hill wrote:
> Will anyone be attending from continental Free Software Foundation Europe?

As far as I'm aware, no, although to be honest we haven't really asked.
Georg did come over for Brum Expo, and he is the one who really knows us
best over here, but I think is really busy in Geneva at the moment.

> Who is organising/ paying for the stand?

The .Org section is being sponsored by UKLinux.net, who are also
organising the section. You can get a good idea of what it will look
like from the Debian expo wiki:

        http://the.earth.li/~huggie/cgi-bin/moin/DebianExpoList2003

Basically the same format as Brum as far as I can tell, except there is
an extension. At this time, I don't know where AFFS will be - I'm not
sure the organisers do either though.

> I can help out on one or both of the days.

Any help more than welcome.

> Is a particular person organising display materials?

Not really. We do have leaflets on the way now, and each .Org exhibitor
gets a free poster (if we get our act together quick enough ;). We have
a small amount of FSFE literature as well, and I'm probably going to put
together some stuff on swpat.

> Will someone be driving to the expo with stock?

There are people driving; but since we don't ever really sell anything
we don't have 'stock' as such. Are you looking to hitch a lift?

Cheers,

Alex.