gchemutils-main

Re: [Gchemutils-main] Plans for 0.10 release

From: Jean Bréfort
Subject: Re: [Gchemutils-main] Plans for 0.10 release
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 20:38:41 +0200

Le dimanche 24 août 2008 à 15:16 +0200, Julian Sikorski a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I was looking through the savannah project page and I saw that you
> bumped the release in svn to 0.9.90, which likely means that the release
> is closer than ever. Thus, a few questions have surfaced.
> 1. Looks like I need to start working on the translation. Could you
> please merge the one I did for 0.8 with trunk so that we could avoid the
> duplication of work? AFAIR, we forgot to do that before 0.8 was branched
> and thus the translation of trunk is still obsolete. Merging the updated
> translation with trunk before branching  would solve the issue once and
> for all (well, at least for a while).

I'll check shortly the state of translation, and send a message to the
list when things are OK.

> 2. Also, are you planning to release before 2008-10-28 or shortly
> thereafter? If so, I could package 0.9.90 for Fedora rawhide as soon as
> it gets released and thus potentially expose it to wider testing.
> 3. Eventually, can 0.10 be built with goffice-0.6? If so, it would
> reduce the deps of 0.4 and it could be eventually dropped from Fedora
> repositories.

Probably not. I still need to update the docs, and worse, I need a new
libgsf release. At the moment, we need the svn trunk version which is
not acceptable for a stable release, and I'd like a new goffice release
too, because there are some annoying bugs in the current version (which
have been fixed in svn). I'll ask Jody Goldberg about these two
releases, then it will be easier to make plans.
Also some bugs might be found if more people test the pre-releases
(0.9.90 and later), especially with the new cdx(ml) importers.

Yesterday, I uploaded 0.9.5, but I introduced a couple of bugs in the
build system just before releasing, so it is unusable. If libgsf and
goffice will be released soon, I'll publish 0.9.90, otherwise, I'll make
a 0.9.6. Note that translations are now mostly independant of the
stability issue.

Last thing, 0.10 needs goffice-0.6 or later. Hopefully,we'll also have
an abiword release using 0.6+, so goffice-0.4 will disappear (it is
already largely unmaintained).

Best regards,
Jean