gchemutils-main

Re: [Gchemutils-main] The Gnome Chemistry Utils 0.9.6

From: Julian Sikorski
Subject: Re: [Gchemutils-main] The Gnome Chemistry Utils 0.9.6
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 00:25:28 +0200

Jean Bréfort pisze:
> Hi,
>
> I just released 0.9.6 (0.9.5 was buggy and not announced). Main news
> are:
>
> GChemPaint:
>       * enhanced cdx and cdxml files import. [#21112]
>       * enhanced atoms and bonds drawing (no more a white rectangles
>       under the atom symbol to hide bonds).
> GSpectrum:
>       * the varables can now be changed in some instances, as variance
>       to transmittance or vice versa.
> Other:
>       * removed as much gnome-vfs code as possible and replaced it
>       by gio/gvfs calls.
>       * enhanced build system.
>
> Sources are availbale from the usual place:
> http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/gchemutils/0.9/gnome-chemistry-utils-0.9.6.tar.bz2
> http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/gchemutils/0.9/gnome-chemistry-utils-0.9.6.tar.gz
>
> Note that to compile this version, you'll need the svn trunk version of
> libgsf until a new libgsf release is available (planned for "soon").
>
> Now, what's next? There are enough new features to make a new stable
> release, even if I could not implement all I would have liked to. So,
> next release will be 0.9.90, the last blocking thing being the libgsf
> release, which I hope for september. Then 0.10.0 as soon as possible.
> Documentations and translations need to be updated before. The new build
> system being dapted to both development and stable versions, I'll create
> the 0.10 branch only after 0.10.0 release, so that changes that would be
> made during the betas in the code, documentation or translations will
> not have to be reimplemnted in 0.12.
>
> The main change planned for 0.12 will be a new canvas for GChemPaint.
> GnomeCanvas is unmaintained and (almost) deprecated, and no other
> available canvas presents the needed feature and/or any certainty about
> maintainance, even in the short term, so I decided to write a special
> canvas with just the needed features (but all of them). The tests I made
> so far are quite promising.
>
> Best regards,
> Jean

I have noticed that the translation from stable branch was merged, I'll
start working on its update as soon as possible. The good news is that I
took protein crystallography course last semester so I might even be
able to translate the gcrystal part.
Would you be willing to give me the svn access so that I could do that
incrementally without the need to spam you with mail? I promise not to
touch anything apart from po/pl.po. If not, I understand, and I could
email you the updated .po files as before.

Regards,
Julian