gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] One Big Wish - Customize Shortcuts

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] One Big Wish - Customize Shortcuts
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 23:50:16 +0100

> I like GC a lot - I come from Total Commander and the only thing I miss
> is the ability to customize shortcuts, which made Total Commander
> superior to any other two-pane file manager I encountered.
> I could easily choose that <ctrl>+<left> sent the directory on the right
> to the left pane.
>
> A configuration menu like this would be great:
> +--------------------------+------------+
> | Function                 | Shortcut   |
> +--------------------------+------------+
> | current_dir_to_left_pane | ctrl+left  |

This one is going to be implemented (together with CTRL+RIGHT)

> | new ftp connection       | ctrl+alt+f |

The shortcut 'ctrl+alt+f' conflicts with current 'Quick search' feature
(accessible via CTRL+ALT+char too). Currently gcmd uses CTRL+G for 'new
ftp connection'...

> | another_function         | ctrl+a     |
> +--------------------------+------------+
>
> some thoughts about the dialog behavior:
> * keyboard-support (like various games provide)
> ** <up>/<down> navigate through the list
> ** <enter> lets user input a key combination (assign-mode)
> ** <esc> escapes leaving shortcut as is
> ** <del> when not in assign-mode clears a shortcut
> * mouse-hovering shows a tooltip with longer description what a function
> does

Please refer to current '[gcmd-usr] Feature Request - Bookmarks and CTRL
button' thread for detailed discussion on custom shortcuts

Piotr