gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] Gnome-commander-1.2.8.17 released

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] Gnome-commander-1.2.8.17 released
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 23:02:09 +0100

Hi Lee,

thank you! I completely missed the "latest version link" -> fixed.

Concerning your question: Piotr used the "post release increment",
i.e. bumbing the version right after releasing. See the first paragraph
here for more information.
https://wiki.gnome.org/MaintainersCorner/Releasing

Unfortunately, I realized this only some days ago, which explains the
two bumps today in the stable branch.

I bumped the stable branch of the gcmd repository to version 1.2.8.18 by
increasing the version in 'configure.in'. This means, if there ever will
be a new bugfix release, than 1.2.8.18 will be the next version. Up to
now, 1.2.8.17 is still the latest release.

I hope I could clarify your question.

Ciao,
Uwe