gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] Multiple instances of gnome-commander

From: Ken Taylor
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] Multiple instances of gnome-commander
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 18:34:15 -0500

Thanks Micha,

I received the same answer from a kind individual over at linuxquestions.org. One of the downsides of CentOS is that it is TOO stable. Sometimes things are not totally up to date - although that is not always bad. The version of gnome-commander on CentOS 6.7 is 1.2.8. The newer distros are 1.4.x. The option was not present on the old version but I see it on the new version and it fixed my problem. I am relieved! I can continue to use my favorite program the way I am used to when I update my distro. I guess I need to see what other enhancement have been made since the CentOS upstream vendor chose 1.2.8 (about 27 years ago :-)

Thanks again,

Ken