geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Re: Rational number causes Geiser's Guile REPL to ent

From: Mark Harig
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Re: Rational number causes Geiser's Guile REPL to enter debugger
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 15:59:16 -0500

> More information for reproducing this error:

[...]

> 7) Enter a rational number at the REPL prompt.  Guile will enter its
>     debugger:
>
> scheme@(guile-user)> 9/5
> $3 = 9/5
> scheme@(guile-user) [2]>

I've followed all your steps up to this point, but i don't enter the
debugger when i input 9/5 (or any other value, for that matter), so i
cannot reproduce the problem. Could you please activate logs using
'C-u M-x geiser-show-logs', and send the contents of the *geiser
messsages* buffer when you perform these steps? Could you also type
,error and ,bt once you've entered the debugger and send the result?
What version of Emacs are you using?

Here is a second pair of logs.  In this pair, I entered the ',bt' and
',error' commands immediately after the first error is triggered (when
the invalid procedure definition was evaluated), instead of after the
second error (when '9/5' was evaluated).

Note that the backtrace in the Guile REPL buffer stops at level 4.
This is not a typo.  Levels 3, 2, and 1 were not displayed in the
buffer.  I typed ',error' in the buffer despite this display error.