geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] [racket] Issue with Geiser and Racket 5.1.3 on Window

From: Neil Van Dyke
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] [racket] Issue with Geiser and Racket 5.1.3 on Windows
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 22:24:18 -0400

"neil/sicp" might well be at fault, due to bit-rot from the kludgey way in which it was written, combined with changes in Racket. Check Syntax also broke for "neil/sicp".

However, perhaps the Geiser people can look at this first, since it looks like it could be a bug Geiser?

"neil/sicp" is specifically for doing SICP using DrScheme (now, DrRacket). I expressly haven't spent time on making it work with Emacs, Quack, Geiser, or anything else. That's because I don't have the time, and it seems a low priority, given that I suspect most people wanting to run in Emacs could just use MIT Scheme (perhaps using virtualization). MIT Scheme is how the SICP exercises were intended to be done.

I do have to look at the Check Syntax problem in any case, unless someone wants to take over the project of providing SICP support for Racket. It *really* wants an RA or TA to spend a semester doing it right: rewriting the #lang in a more contemporary Racket way, and providing something like teachpacks for each problem set. Or perhaps someone could do this polish as a side project, as they are working through SICP themselves. Please email me if you're up to this.

--
http://www.neilvandyke.org/