geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Feature request: preserve point in geiser-set-scheme

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Feature request: preserve point in geiser-set-scheme
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 21:23:13 +0100

Hi Christopher,

On Tue, Nov 21 2017, Christopher Howard wrote:

> Hi, I am running geiser 0.9 with emacs 24.5.1. When I run geiser-set-
> scheme, point unnecessarily jumps to the beginning of the last function
> in my file. Can that be adjusted to return point back to where I was
> typing before running the command?

I'm in geiser's "unstable" version (from melpa or directly the savannah
git repo) and cannot observe that behaviour: point remains where it is.
Any chance you could try with a newer geiser?  Maybe it happens only
when switching to a particular scheme implementation?

Cheers,
jao
--
I took a speed reading course and read War and Peace in twenty
minutes. It involves Russia. -Woody Allen