Re: Using Getfem for a flash-butt welding simulation

From: Lorenzo Ferro
Subject: Re: Using Getfem for a flash-butt welding simulation
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 13:06:54 +0200

Dear Yves,

Thank you very much for your reply.
There’s still something I don’t understand from your explanation.

The equation q” = D*(Tair-T) = k*grad(T).n is the specific heat flow through a unitary surface [ex. W/m2].
If I multiply epsilon only to the rhs term, then I change the conduction heat flow since the surface is epsilon wide in one direction, but for the heat flow equilibrium I should multiply also the lhs term by epsilon, since also the convection heat flow pass throw the same epsilon wide surface, and so the two epsilon disappear for simplification.

Also, I cannot see k in both your source_term and Fourier_Robin bricks input data, but k is part of the surface heat flow equations.

These are the reasons why I’d replace D/epsilon with D/k in your implementation.

Thank you in advance for your kind feedback.

Regards,
Lorenzo