Re: [Gnash-dev] [patch] Fix linker problem with current CVS, and enable

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] [patch] Fix linker problem with current CVS, and enable more warnings
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:09:45 -0700

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

libgeometry/, because a method from libbase/tu_random.cpp was used but
not linked in.  This patch solve the issue:

  Got this one added now.

While testing, I notice that the source build with very few compiler
warnings enabled by default.  I suggest adding more warning flags to
the build, for example like this:

There's been discussion of this in the past. Basically we'd all love to have more warnings, but we don't want to use -Wall till more of the warnings are cleared up. Unfortunately much of the older code Gnash is based on is pretty ugly... Somebody was planning to do this, but the cleanup hasn't been done yet.

Do you plan to release a tarball soon?  It would make it easier to
make a debian package if such tarball existed.

I had planned to wait till the plugin was working before making a release, but there seems to be more interest in having the standalone player released than I thought. I just got the initial hack of the plugin working today, so maybe the release will be sooner than I thought.

I did not get as far as I wanted with my testing.  I hope to get my
test flash page available from <URL:http://www.boinydalen.no/> working
at least with a stand alone flash player. :)

Well, I get this:
  Databasen er ikke tilgjengelig. Vennligst prøv igjen senere!
which doesn't look like a Flash error. :-)

BTW: Please add info on where to report bugs and patches in the
  README.  I was inclined to send this email to the maintainer address

Ah, good idea. I just copied the info from the web page to the README. Can I get a copy of the Debian packaging files when it's working ? I'd like to add them to the CVS tree so I can also build debs.