Re: [Gnash-dev] plugin works!

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] plugin works!
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:09:01 -0700

Stephen Heuer wrote:
I look forward to testing the plugin :)

You and 100,000 other people. :-) I just got the problem with the orientation of the images fixed, and right now I'm making the menu items for play, stop, pause, etc.. actually work. It's kindof cool to have a working GTK+ GUI now. I'm starting to get the hang of this OpenGL/GTK stuff.

I think the impulse to just use the standalone player from within Firefox makes sense, especially when I figure out why gtk_plug() isn't doing anything. This lets all the GUI types of coding go in one place, and the plugin itself becomes very simple.

Before I can check it in, I have to do some testing to make sure I don't break the SDL only support. Right now gnash.cpp is ifdef spaghetti, but I think I'll check it in once it stabilizes, and then do the code cleanup afterward. I need to abstract out the GUI components so it's more modular, and support SDL, GTK2, and maybe QT someday...