Re: [Gnash-dev] snapshot release ? nasty bugs ?

From: John Gilmore
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] snapshot release ? nasty bugs ?
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 18:22:45 -0800

> Now that I have the plugin working, I was considering doing a snapshot
> release.

I suggest making it a "zero point" release, e.g. gnash-0.1.tar.bz2.

The README and release notes and man page and documentation should
start off by being quite clear what popular things it DOESN'T do.
This will eliminate some fraction of the useless bug reports.

If you can get someone from the Firefox team to look over the source
before release, they may catch a few obvious-to-them issues.

And having the RPM and Deb packagers send you whatever changes they
recommend NOW, as opposed to after, will help.

        John