Re: [Gnash-dev] test packages

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] test packages
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 11:32:29 +0200

On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 10:01:06PM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:
> For the brave at heart, here's some packages to test. These work for me,
> but I wonder about other machines. With these I'm mostly concerned how
> they install for folks, and other packaging issues. I added a klash deb,

It is likely that the rpm won't install nicely, because they depend on
the binary library interfaces (so there will be an unmet dependency when
installed). Of course it depends whether new binary incompatible library
are in different distribs or not. For fedora, for example I guess that the
gnash binaries should be rebuilt on each of the fedora releases - but I
may be wrong, I haven't tested. The libstdc++ tends to have binary
incompatibilities, for example.

Having src.rpm is also important for testers, because that way they may
easily be rebuilt on other distro versions with binary incompatible
library versions.

--
Pat