Re: [Gnash-dev] ASHandlers vs action.cpp

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] ASHandlers vs action.cpp
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:11:23 -0600

strk wrote:

> The Action handlers must have access to the
> program counters in a few situations and the
> new layout doesn't give them visibility of
> them.

  The cases were it needed to access the program counter I didn't
implement yet for this very reason. I mostly was just glad to move a
very long switch/case statement to it's own file.

> The cases are ActionReturn, BranchIfTrue and
> friends. Should we make the program counters
> part of the action_buffer class and pass a
> reference to it to SWFHandlers in addition
> to the reference to the as_environment ?

  Probably. The goal though was to fix how the PC is handled so we can
execute a stream while it's being loaded, instead of waiting till an
entire file is loaded.

> BTW, why is the filename called ASHandlers
> but the class defined inside called SWFHandlers ?
> I think the filename is more correct.

  We can rename the class. Originally the file name (before I checked it
in) was ASHandlers, but I liked the other name better.