Re: [Gnash-dev] Fast, high-quality, platform independent software render

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Fast, high-quality, platform independent software renderer for Gnash
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 16:51:11 +0200

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 02:37:01PM +0200, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:

> It would probably be best if Flash splines would be passed as such to
> the backend since AGG can render them already (and better). I guess
> we'll have to wait for the new backend structure.

I don't think there is any new backend structure coming.
The best would be getting adjustments and documentation of the
current structure from people actually working with it (you and
the cairo guys).

For example, you might add the splines drawing routine interface yourself,
providing a default implementation for the existing backed that would still
preprocess them the way they are now.