Re: [Gnash-dev] Compiling gnash plugin for mozilla (NOT seamonkey).

From: annonygmouse
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Compiling gnash plugin for mozilla (NOT seamonkey).
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:08:33 +0200

Markus Gothe wrote:
Well, I could try pulling in gecko-sdk-headers from the Gentoo ebuild.

* net-libs/gecko-sdk
     Available versions:  1.7.8 ~1.7.12 1.7.12-r1 ~1.7.12-r2 1.7.13

Should be the right ones, right?

//Markus

Rob Savoye wrote:

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 12:27:05AM +0200, annonygmouse wrote:

mozilla-sdk/include/* from gnash/plugin
with the headers from debian package mozilla-dev.
And IT HAS WORKED!

I don't know if this breaks anything, but it works for me.
Now gnash plugin works correctly in firefox AND in mozilla!

 At one time when I wrote the multi-threaded version of the plugin I had
to use the latest version of NPAPI. Now that our plugin is very simple,
this shouldn't be a problem anymore. So yes, submit the path to the Savannah
site for Gnash, and we'll give it a test. I'm at a conference right now,
so this probably won't happen for a little while till I get back unless
somebpdy else tries it. Bastiaan ? :-)

Is there any _strong_ reason not to be mozilla compatible?

 Um, Mozilla (not SeaMonkey) is basically unmaintained these days. You are
correct that the older browsers and Mozilla is all that's available on many
platform.