Re: [Gnash-dev] New Gnash release anytime soon?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] New Gnash release anytime soon?
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 15:07:09 -0600

On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 09:28:00PM +0200, strk wrote:
> I think we can ship a 0.7.2 before antigrain and the new backend
> infrastructure. I'd just have:
>
>       - all warnings removed
>       - 'make check' rule actually do something and fail
>       - working sound streams
>
> I guess the last item could be the most time consuming, but
> having elvis.swf play fine would make things visibily (well,
> auditably) better.

  I agree. The newer backend is probably not ready to ship to anyone, but
the current version of the plugin is much better than the alpha release, so
a new release is probably a good idea. Much of the development of the
last months is stablizing, so doing a release now is less of a problem than
it would have been a month or so ago.