Re: [Gnash-dev] GNASH and Opera.

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] GNASH and Opera.
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 09:06:56 +0200

On Sunday 17 September 2006 06:01, Markus Gothe wrote:
> I've known Daniel H @ opera.com for some time and met him
> occasianlly. Since I don't run opera I cannot test the plugin, but I
> bet opera is interrested, is this legal in accordance to the GPL
> v2-license?

Installing Gnash to work with your Opera copy is legal. However, I
believe it's illegal for Opera (the company) to ship Opera bundled with
Gnash whilst Opera is still covered under a proprietary license.

> Since the opera software is locate in my city, I might get a meeting
> with the board of directors but I don't know... Is there an interest
> in this?

Although we have a license exception for Firefox, I don't think we would
be interested in making an exception for a proprietary piece of
software.

Bastiaan