[Gnash-dev] Yet another soundhandler

From: Tomas Groth
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Yet another soundhandler
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 10:17:21 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

As most of you probably have noticed the current soundhandlers are not fully
functional, which is mostly due to limitations/problems with their respective
backends (gstreamer and sdl_mixer). So over the weekend I've been working on a
new and more straightforward backend, which will probably be the best one so
far. It uses standard SDL for audio output (not SDL_mixer), and ffmpeg for mp3
decoding, and I plan to add support for use of madlib as an alternative.
This soundhandler should be able to work with the streaming gnash, but how do i
enable it?
I hope to provide a functional patch within a few days, but since i'm not the
best configure-script hacker, i'd be gratefull if someone would make a ffmpeg
detection macro...

cheers,

Tomas