[Gnash-dev] Anybody know why YouTube doesn't see gnash?

From: John Gilmore
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Anybody know why YouTube doesn't see gnash?
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 13:46:29 -0700

I have the last release - 0.7 -- installed and working as a plugin to
Mozilla (as well as it ever worked).  When I go to YouTube, and enable
Javascript (I also run the NoScript extension, which is a great thing),
it says, e.g.:

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C93_0L2Z9c&mode=related&search=

  Don't Download This Song - Weird Al Yankovic

  Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of
  Macromedia's Flash Player. Click here to get the latest flash
  player.

As the code settles down for the new release, and with working sound
support (and did I hear there's working video support for some codecs?),
it would be great if YouTube videos started working in Gnash.

(And then we could talk to YouTube about updating their messages so that
they don't just point users to the proprietary player.)

        John