Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Backend redesign done / AGG near completion

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Backend redesign done / AGG near completion
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 18:19:24 +0200

Hello Rob,

>> Comments are always good to leave in source code.
RS>   Yep, although I'd probably edit the "by Udo" part, and just make sure
RS> you have sufficiently detailed ChangeLog entries.

Yes, of course.

>>> So, how can we commit all my changes into CVS?
>> First step would be running 'cvs update' and resolve any eventual
>> conflict introduced while you were busy with your code.
RS>   If you get an account on savannah.gnu.org, you can then ask to be a
RS> member of the Gnash project, and I'll add you as a member. At that point
RS> you can checkin your changes directly.

Ok, I just did that. For this first big patch, I prefer to send it to
a existing member instead, so it can be quickly tested or reviewed
before it's commited to CVS and Makefiles can be made.

RS> I'll also have to send you the
RS> copyright assignment form to the FSF, as Gnash is GPL'd.

Uhm, what's that?

>> Next you might provide a patch for us to check which introduces
>> the new design (including documentation) and compatibility layers.

RS>   A patch or tarball would be nice so the rest of us can make sure no
RS> subtle bugs get introduced. And yes, documentation would be nice.

I documented everything I added to the project.

>> Finally we can add the AGG backend and provide ./configure switches
>> for it.

RS>   I added those a few days ago on the assumption this work was
RS> proceeding nicely. :-)

We just got Gnash to work on a little ETRAX 100 LX (100 Mhz CPU w/o
FPU) with a 320x240 LCD. It's damn slow (as expected) but looks very
nice. :-)

BTW, the old mesh set cache seems to have never been limited and this
probably eat up memory. I added a limit in the new design (as
originally intended by the author).

One more: When playing the first Ninjai episode it stops in the
preloader at 95% (also with OpenGL backend). Will need to check this
with current CVS...

Udo