Re: [Gnash-dev] ./configure error

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] ./configure error
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 09:57:29 -0600

strk wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 09:03:35AM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:

> I knew the patch was bogus. The problem with these macros is that
> the ${ac_cv_path_WHAT_lib} and ${ac_cv_path_WHAT_incl} change meaning
> in different places in the code.

  The value may change, but the meaning behind it shouldn't. The
${ac_cv_path_WHAT_lib} and ${ac_cv_path_WHAT_incl} should hold the
header flags or the library flags, which for a header is the include
path (usually there is only one) and the library should have the library
names, and a -Lpath if they are installed in a non standard place.

> Sometime they include the -I or -L or -l switches, sometimes not.
> Some code assumes they are simply paths (when matching against "/usr/lib")
> and some code assumes they include the switches.

  That's just the internal inconsistencies in the scripts themselves.
The only thing matched against /usr/lib should be a local variable, not
the global one.