Re: Re[5]: [Gnash-dev] does _height work??

From: Martin Guy
Subject: Re: Re[5]: [Gnash-dev] does _height work??
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 13:40:16 +0100

Hmm.
The preceding comment talks about get_{width,height} being used to
figure out the bounding box of the character, so I think you'd need to
make up an enclosing rect from the height and width, stuff that
through enclose_transformed_rect and measure the difference between
the max and min x and y (plus 1?) of what comes out.
 I am assuming that callers of these functions want overall width and
overall height of the transformed characters, though I don't see how
that information is very useful on its own, since after transformation
the bottom left corner of the transformed object might be below (0,0),
so at that point they should be dealing in bounding rectangles, not
raw width and height. I'd check where those functions are called from
and see what the callers actually want to know.
 This is me talking without actually knowing anything about Gnash
internals, of course...