Re: [Gnash-dev] configure sound by default ?

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] configure sound by default ?
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 11:58:19 +0200

On Friday 13 October 2006 18:27, Rob Savoye wrote:
> I'm considering enabling sound by default (which would use
> SDL-ffmpeg), plus Gnash would have sound enabled by default (-r 3
> would be to turn sound off instead of on). Otherwise I have a feeling
> that after the next release we'll be buried in "sound doesn't work"
> emails and bug reports. What do other folks think about this idea ?

I'm happy with building sound by default.

When I browse the web, though, I think random sounds from Flash
advertisements are very annoying, so I would probably have the -r
switch default back to 1 locally.

I think we should ideally have a Gnash menu option that allows us to
switch audio on and off, which should default to off. (Perhaps Gnash
could even remember this user setting in a configuration file.)

Bastiaan