Re: [Gnash-dev] configure sound by default ?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] configure sound by default ?
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:22:33 -0600

Bastiaan Jacques wrote:

> I'm happy with building sound by default.

  This is now the default.

> When I browse the web, though, I think random sounds from Flash
> advertisements are very annoying, so I would probably have the -r
> switch default back to 1 locally.

  I added config file settings, so you can control the sound for the
standalone player and the plugin separately. Any command line options to
turn sound off override the config file. I'll add something to the
manual about these new settings.

> I think we should ideally have a Gnash menu option that allows us to
> switch audio on and off, which should default to off. (Perhaps Gnash
> could even remember this user setting in a configuration file.)

  I just checked this in, but the sound doesn't actually turn off. It
looks like get_sound_handler()->stop_all_sounds() doesn't do what I'd
expect. btw, we need a start_all_sounds() too.