[Gnash-dev] --enable-strict

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] --enable-strict
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 14:22:01 +0200

A couple of words about --enable-strict.
It currently just adds -ansi -pedantic -Wno-long-long, but

I think that these flags should instead be always active instead.
If some of the external code doesn't biuld with -pedantic, then
maybe we can add a new switch (--enable-pedantic) which can
add -pedantic -Wno-long-long, but I'd like to have -ansi always
on.

For --enable-strict, I'd instead add a -Werror, and possibly
make that the default. This would force developers to fix
the warnings immediately. Ideally 'strict' mode (-Werror)
would be on by default and it woutake a --disable-stric
to remove it.

What do you think ?

--strk;

 /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 \ /    Respect for low technology.
  X     Keep e-mail messages readable by any computer system.
 / \    Keep it ASCII.