Re: [Gnash-dev] How to cross compile ?

From: Hannes Mayr
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] How to cross compile ?
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:40:23 +0200

Hello,

shamju joseph wrote:
Hi,
  I want to cross compile gnash for a Fusiv processor
based system. I've a gcc based cross compiler
available. Can somebody tell me how to do this,
especially modifying the configure script for the new
target?

you don't need to modify the configure script. What you have do is to call configure with the right environment variables for your toolchain (CXX and possibly also others) and to set the target architecture with the --host parameter.

For example I use the following command line to compile gnash for our CRIS-based embedded board:

CXX=g++-cris -mlinux -mno-mul-bug-workaround \
LD=ld-cris \
RANLIB=ranlib-cris \
AR=ar-cris \
./configure --host=cris-axis-linux-gnu \
  --enable-renderer=agg \
  --enable-gui=fb \
  --with-agg-incl=/home/hannes/agg-2.4-cris/include \
  --with-agg-lib=/home/hannes/agg-2.4-cris/src \
  --disable-sound \
  <...more gnash options and dependency paths...>

I've successfully cross-compiled gnash some time ago, but in the meantime there were a lot of changes, so I can't tell if it still works without (little) code modifications.

Besides, don't forget to compile the dependencies for your architecture too (libjpeg, libz and especially the boost library is a pain to compile).

Hannes