Re: [Gnash-dev] invalidated bounds interfaces

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] invalidated bounds interfaces
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:23:46 +0200

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 03:35:37PM +0200, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:
> Hello strk,
>
> Friday, October 27, 2006, 3:17:08 PM, you wrote:
> s> gnash::character is used by all except movie_root, but the
> s> meaning of movie_root itself is not very clear to me.
> s> I think the only reason for movie_root to derive from movie_interface
> s> is that movie_def_impl returns a movie_root from create_instace().
>
> A good overview gives
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/manual/doxygen/classgnash_1_1movie__interface.html

Yes. Look at that picture. What I want to do is completely remove
the 'movie_interface' and 'movie' classes, and have movie_root be
a concrete class, with a *single* instance of it for a single movie
being plaied.

> odd to me. Anyway, any new design must:
> - be able to walk the complete DisplayList hierarchy

DisplayList is only available in sprite_instance, which
derives from 'character'

> - work with movies that have been loaded at runtime (LoadMovie) and
> are displayed inside the real root movie.

Did you run any testcase for this ? is it currently working ?
Can we work toward production of such a case ?