Re: [Gnash-dev] what is 'klash' ?

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] what is 'klash' ?
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 11:43:53 +0100

On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 11:24 +0100, strk wrote:
> Ok, so it *was* correct to have a check in ./configure.ac aborting
> if anyone attempts to build klash *plugin* with non-kde *gui*, right ?
> (that check is now commented out).

No, if the build system allows us to build both the KDE Gui and another
Gui, that should be fine.

> Also, it is *wrong* defining USE_GUI_KDE iff either kde gui was requested
> *or* klash was enabled, right ? (this is currently what ./configure does,
> possibly ending up with two enabled GUIs)

Actually, I think that might work, although I have not tested such a
combination. We certainly want to be able to do that.

> IIRC last words were for a plugin architecture. In 0.7.2 this will
> surely NOT happen, so we have to find a compromise.
> The question is: do we want to enable building *both* klash *and*
> a !KDE gui'd gnash for 0.7.2 ?

Yes. The important thing is that when Klash is enabled, the KDE GUI is
built (in addition to whatever GUI the user specifies).

Bastiaan