Re: [Gnash-dev] release shortlist

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] release shortlist
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 19:05:43 +0100

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 09:42:45AM -0700, Rob Savoye wrote:
> I just fixed klash in the release branch. In the original shortlist
> there was an item about fixing font anti-aliasing, is anybody working on
> that ? Should we punt this till the next release ? (probably)

Rumors say that Markus has a patch for that, anyway AGG doesn't
have that problem (the problem is only when rendering shape glyphs,
OGL worked fine when rendering *textured* glyphs whose production
stopped since we play while loading).

> Default configuration is SDL sound with libMAD, OpenGL with GTK.

Can I take the chance for pushing again for AGG as default ? :)

> --enable-plugin builds both the GTK and the KDE based plugins. I'm
> starting to think we should enable building the plugins by default, and
> require a --disable-plugin, since I think most people grabbing this
> release will be primarily be using it as a browser plugin.

Agreed.

> Anyway, other than that little tweak, and the font issue, is there
> anything major left that needs to be done ? If not, we should declare a
> code freeze in the release branch and focus on whatever bug fixes are
> required to push the release out soon.

Nothing more from me. +1 for feature freeze.