Re: [Gnash-dev] YouTube video via OpenLaszlo

From: John Gilmore
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] YouTube video via OpenLaszlo
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 18:18:31 -0800

strk said:
> I'd add I've been trying to fix ActionScript issues preventing
> youtube player from working.

Don Hopkins implemented streaming video classes in OpenLaszlo a few
months ago.  His blog says that you can use his OpenLaszlo code to
access YouTube.  (OpenLaszlo compiles into Flash, among other things.)

  http://www.donhopkins.com/drupal/node/126

http://www.donhopkins.com/trunk/demos/youtube/youtube.lzx?lzt=swf&tag=wet+pets+san+pablo

I don't know if it will run in current gnash -- but it might provide
another path for testing gnash's video support, without having to
resolve all of YouTube's ActionScript issues.

        John

PS:  Don, I don't see your video code in the OpenLaszlo SVN tree; can you
give us a specific path to it?