Re: [Gnash-dev] YouTube video via OpenLaszlo

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] YouTube video via OpenLaszlo
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 19:33:15 -0700

John Gilmore wrote:

> I don't know if it will run in current gnash -- but it might provide
> another path for testing gnash's video support, without having to
> resolve all of YouTube's ActionScript issues.

  The last time I tried a Laszlo generated Flash movie, there was a
simple bug, we thought in their Flash compiler, that kept anything from
working at all. That was months ago, so it's probably worth checking
again. A simple test is to run Gnash with "-v", and look for
"unimplemented" messages. The mentioned bug had to do with the length of
arguments after an opcode, which then screwed up the parsing of the rest
of the movie.

 We still need to fix things so Gnash does work with GooTube, mostly so
everyone will stop asking us when it will be working. :-) Plus that'll
be other functionality that is then fully compatible with the other
player. One more big thing working, off to the next task...

  Hey Don, want to do some Gnash hacking ? :-)