Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Drawing bitmaps (and documenting rendering calls)

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Drawing bitmaps (and documenting rendering calls)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:17:55 +0100

Hello strk,

s> Anyway, the functions in the namespace are simply proxes,
s> so my vote goes to documenting render_handler.h instead
s> and add comments in server/render.h sending the reader to
s> the other file for documentation.

Agree.

s> No. See testsuite/misc-ming.all/loadMovie.swf (generated by Ming).
s> I'm working on this now, only missing piece is rendering.

I recall someone mentioning that the way Gnash loads .SWF files wa
specifically made to support loading of .JPG files instead. Can't tell
you more, though.

s> Ok, this means I can't avoid producing the shape. Thanks for the info.
s> Maybe I won't even need size of bitmap_info then.

I strongly recommend going that way because most probably (haven't
checked this) the loaded JPG is a full featured MC which can be
transformed, store ActionScript variables and so on...

BTW, I noticed that recent Adobe Flash players can load JPG files
through LoadMovie() even if the SWF file is version 5 and even if the
Flash 5 player did *not* support that...

Udo