[Gnash-dev] OpenLaszlo & Gnash

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] OpenLaszlo & Gnash
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 20:22:37 +0100

On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 01:30:12PM -0500, Henry Minsky wrote:
> The structure of a Laszlo application is that the runtime LFC library is
> compiled entirely by the script compiler, it is just a big action block.
>
> Then, the user's application is also compiled by the script compiler into a
> big action block.
>
> Then those are inserted into a kind of boilerplate framework which is
> generated using the old JGenerator library which we've modified somewhat.
> That is generated by the source code in
> WEB-INF/lps/server/src/org/openlaszlo/compiler/SWFFile.java, and consists of
> various resources and trampolines into the LFC, such as buttons for catching
> click events, keyboard events, and a video object which can be attached to
> play video.
>
> The question I have is whether the bad opcode is coming from our script
> compiler, or whether it comes in somehow when the app is assembled by
> placing the compiled script code into the application framework.

The Gnash-detected error is in a PLACEOBJECT2 tag events . You can also
see tha name of the instanciated character (frameupdate) :

SWF[444]: tag type = 26, tag length = 381
  place_object_2
  depth = 2
  char id = 5
  name = frameupdate
  actions: flags = 0xF0
20:15:11: MALFORMED SWF: swf_event::read(), event_length = 84, but read 83.
Skipping excessive bytes.
20:15:11: MALFORMED SWF: swf_event::read(), event_length = 82, but read 81.
Skipping excessive bytes.
20:15:11: MALFORMED SWF: swf_event::read(), event_length = 79, but read 78.
Skipping excessive bytes.
20:15:11: MALFORMED SWF: swf_event::read(), event_length = 77, but read 76.
Skipping excessive bytes.

I'm both interested in making sure Gnash is fail-safe against this malformation
(the proprietary player is) and improve Gnash support for the ActionScript
part, which
is also unsupported currently.
The ActionScript failure is about a 'prototype' member being undefined (namely:
prototype.prototype).