Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] sprite_instance::restart() and properties

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] sprite_instance::restart() and properties
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:22:00 +0200

Hello strk,

s> Ehm.. how we discussed on the mailing list, the problem
s> is that ::restart is not properly documented.

Who has enough knowledge about the function to do it?

I *think* it should restore the state of the character in which it was
after creation (or after it has been placed on a display list). This
would make sense for the button instance which holds a list of
character instances. These character instances are kept permanently in
memory, even if the character is not visible on stage (for example,
becomes visible on mouseover). Upon mouseover the character becomes
part of the stage and is restart()ed to act as if it were just
created.

This is how the button instance seems to work. However, this is just
my assumption and I can't document that function before someone else
confirms it.

s> If it is only for the GUI we're likely not sufficiently cleaning up.
s> If it's for the buttons, we're cleaning too much.

What do you mean with "for the GUI" ??

s> I suggest we concentrate on defining what is it for first.

s> Kai suggested to use a ::replay function for GUI control, but
s> I'd say a function for GUI use only should NOT be in the gnash::character
class
s> at all.

Does the restart command of the GUI call "restart()" ?

Udo