Re: [Gnash-dev] How to improve the performance on the embedded devices

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] How to improve the performance on the embedded devices
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 16:10:21 +0200

?> I successfully ported  gnash.0.7.2  to an MP4 which ran on about
?> 350Hz. It ran well, but very slow. I had a profile and found most
?> time was spent on the agg rendering.  I want to improve the
?> performance, can anyone give me some advice? Thanks.

A few questions:

- did you try the current CVS version?

- does your processor have a FPU (not necessary for AGG, but important
  for the rest of Gnash)

- What movie(s) did you test? At what screen resolution / color depth?
  Please describe the performance you experienced.

- How did you profile Gnash and did you find a particular part of AGG
  being slow?

Gnash/AGG is currently not very optimized for performance as we have
other tasks to complete currently, but performance should not be too
bad after all.

Udo