Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] error "Unsupported host endianness"

From: Martin Guy
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] error "Unsupported host endianness"
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 15:26:11 +0100

>> amf.cpp:39:35: boost/detail/endian.hpp: No such file or directory
>> amf.cpp:159:4: #error "Unsupported host endianness"

Debian Etch (Boost 1.33) includes that file:

Debian Sarge (1.32) does not.

Thanks Udo. I've reverted the largely pointless use of endian.hpp.
There is no compile-time endian detection once again, and it works
everywhere again.

I know that Debian stable is not etch not sarge, so YES we could
insist on boost 1.33, but please can we not waste any more time on
compile time endian detection unless we can demonstrate a more than a
1% overall speed increase by using it.