Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Re: gotoAndPlay bug in Gnash

From: Eric Hughes
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Re: gotoAndPlay bug in Gnash
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 11:05:22 -0600

At 10:41 AM 5/9/2007, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:
EH> I also see the utility of being able to rewind simple scripts, for some
EH> certainly-yet-to-be-determined definition of "simple".

Rewinding a movie, using gotoAndPlay is nothing special. In fact, I
bet gotoAndPlay() is the most used ActionScript-function!

Rewinding to a previous execution state and going to a particular point of execution are distinct and very different operations. gotoAndPlay is of the latter type. It is not rewinding to some previous state, merely moving a current execution point.

In a different posting: