Re: [Gnash-dev] make check failing to finish

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] make check failing to finish
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 00:11:44 +0200

On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 05:01:20PM -0400, dolphinling wrote:
> FAIL: get_frame_number_testrunner: expected: 4 obtained: 3
> [get_frame_number_test.c:152]
>
> repeated over and over and over again.
>
> This doesn't happen with ming 0.4.0beta4. Is it worth trying to get past
> this (perhaps because most distros don't ship the beta), or should I just
> forget about it and use 0.4?

The best thing to do would be feeding the get_frame_number_test.swf file
to the proprietary player to see how does it behave.
If the proprietary played does the same as Gnash (over and over again)
than we just have a Ming bug and should work on that.
By contrast, if the proprietary player acts differently we'd better
fix Gnash.
If you upload the SWF somewhere that'll help having anyone test with
different player versions.