[Gnash-dev] release status

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] release status
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 19:15:19 +0200

It's about time to get release 0.8.0 out.
I'm currenlty busy on "stabilizing youtube/lulu.tv".
What I'm tracking right now is the FFMPEG implementation,
not giving much attention to GST atm.

As a reference for show-stopper I'm using savannah, in particular
bug with severity from BLOCKER to SECURITY. We have 4 of them:

 #20002         Linking gnash against current ffmpeg SVN fails  build
 #19913         Youtube: the movie stops playing while streaming after 10-15
secs
 #19898         lulu.tv segfault on OpenBSD
 #19886         segfault playing rtmp-v7.swf from testsuite (NetStreamGst)

All except #20002 are NetStream related so that seems the part needing some
focus/help
by everyone. Today Thomas and me extracted a design document from current
implementation and made a plan for a redesign we belive would make things
cleaner/safer.
See the server/asobj/README.NetStream file for more info.
Comments on that document are welcome.

Any followup on the above bugs is also welcome. Note that the FFMPEG version of
NetStream
has been cleaned up in the past couple of days.

At the moment we just care about segfaults, threading issues and build errors,
so if you find
any please file a bug report so it's clear what's left.

Thanks.

--strk;

 ()   ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 /\   Keep it simple!