[Gnash-dev] First stab at fixing an OpenGL bug

From: Quinn Storm
Subject: [Gnash-dev] First stab at fixing an OpenGL bug
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 18:41:18 -0400

I've been looking at the bug with the OpenGL renderer where it won't update
the display properly when an area of the framebuffer receives an expose
event.  I wanted to post here what is going on and why I can't yet find a
solution.

the trouble I'm running into with the bug I was trying to tackle is pretty
simple.  OpenGL expects an essentially volatile rendering pattern, with only
transient framebuffers, while gnash expects to render to a semi-permanent
framebuffer that will stick around until changed...and short of doing a
back-to-front copy every time anything is submitted to render (any line or
trimesh), I can't find a way to solve this