Re: [Gnash-dev] Extensions load but don't export as symbols

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Extensions load but don't export as symbols
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 19:46:15 +0200

Dave Watson wrote:

> Additionally, somewhere in the docs I saw that this method of extensions
> might only work before flash 9 ... does this mean if gnash ever supports
> flash 9, the extensions would have to be extensively reworked?

  I'm on the road in Spain right now (conferences), but I can check the
MySQL extension in the morning when I have more time. It was working for
me reasonably recently, so I'll have to see what broke.

  If you can compile your flash code trying to access this extension
class as a v9 movie, I can look at what it will take to use Gnash
extensions with v9 if I can. I believe the main changes to support
extensions in v9 will all be in the parser, but it's possible all the
extensions may need to initialize themselves differently.