Re: [Gnash-dev] configure malfunction detecting pthreads with configure

From: Eric Hughes
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] configure malfunction detecting pthreads with configure
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 13:56:34 -0600

At 01:32 PM 10/28/2007, Bastiaan Jacques wrote:
On Sun, 28 Oct 2007, Eric Hughes wrote:
       LIBXML_LIBS is

I believe libxml2 is a required dependency, so I guess you'll have to
work on that next.

For Gnash, yes, but I'm not doing anything with it as yet with Cygnal.

BOOST_LIBS is -L/usr/lib/mingw/boost -lboost_thread-gcc-mt-sd-1_34_1 -lboost_date_time-gcc-sd-1_34_1 -lboost_serialization-gcc-sd-1_34_1
       BOOST_EXTRA_LIBS is -lboost_unit_test_framework-gcc34-mt

Below is a patch that might fix pthread detection on cygwin.

Thanks.  Untested as of this writing.

case "${host_cpu}-${host_os}" in
[...]
-  *mingw*)
+  *mingw* | *cygwin*)
     pthread_flags="-mthreads"

I believe this will work for me, for now. One of the issues with this, however, is that mingw is an identifier both as a host and as a target. I have four related host/target combinations; I haven't got them all working. Here are the internal labels I've got.
        gcc3-cygwin: GCC 3.4.4 under cygwin
gcc3-cygwin-for-mingw: GCC 3.4.4 under cygwin host cross-compiling for mingw target
        gcc3-mingw: GCC 3.4.5 under mingw
        gcc4-mingw: GCC 4.2.1 under mingw
Eventually I'll have likely also have gcc4-cygwin and gcc4-cygwin-for-mingw, for when they release.

Eric