Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Problem with Drawing API

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Problem with Drawing API
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 10:28:15 +0100

Hello Sandro,

Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 8:33:33 AM, you wrote:
SS> Is the even-odd rule always applied or only for dynamically drawn
SS> shapes and not for SWF-defined ones ?

For everything that's not a Glyph. There is no distinction between
dynamic and SWF-defined shapes.

SS> Since we have no way to specify a fill "side" with drawing api,
SS> could it be one or the other is used depending on how the shape
SS> was defined ?

SWF-defined shapes use the even-odd filling rule and the proprietary
player apparently uses that for dynamic shapes, too. So it would be
incorrect to distinguish them.

However, AGG still manages to render the shape correctly. I guess this
depends on it's particular implementation. Once I understand that, I
can re-implement it in the point test algorithm. A discussion about
this is going on in the AGG mailing list.

Udo