Re: [Gnash-dev] X11 dependency with FB gui

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] X11 dependency with FB gui
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 15:47:57 +0100

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 03:41:57PM +0100, Udo Giacomozzi wrote:
> Hello strk,
>
> Wednesday, December 5, 2007, 3:28:33 PM, you wrote:
> >> Current HEAD depends on libX11.so.6 even if I build for FB GUI only.
>
> s> I probably just changed configure script to always *look* for X11 libs.
>
> When I start Gnash on my test machine (no X11) it complains about the
> missing .so

See here for why X11 is checked even when build_fb is defined:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/gnash/configure.ac?root=gnash&r1=1.450&r2=1.451
Briefly, you can do --enable-gui=fb,gtk ...
So we *do* want to check for X11.

Who complains ? The linker ?
If so check the relevant Makefile.am for X11_LIBS inclusion while building fb
gui, should not be there.

> s> *Depending* on them is another pair of shoe though...
> s> Don't we use -as-needed ?
>
> What do you mean?

That libs should link only if needed (but I guess you still need them
to build it if -l is specified...