Re: [Gnash-dev] X11 dependency with FB gui

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] X11 dependency with FB gui
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 08:13:21 -0700

strk wrote:

Again, we want to support --enable-gui=fb,gtk
So we want to *look for X11* if X11 is needed for *any* gui we're
willing to build.

Actually, no. I think it's safe to assume when using only the FB GUI that we don't need to look for X11. Qtopia runs with or without X11, depending on the platform. But you do make a point here that if FB and GTK are selected, we need to search for X11.

Whether or not to actually *add* -lX11 to the link line should be
decided by Makefile.am, not by configure.ac (as same configuration
can allow for multiple guis).

It was leaking into the .la files as a libtool dependency, but yes, whether X11 support is linked in or not is up to the Makefile.