Re: [Gnash-dev] "Todd Kelsey": simple flash/gnash game - xoroids

From: Todd Kelsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] "Todd Kelsey": simple flash/gnash game - xoroids
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 10:54:32 -0000

John,

Not sure where Zach turned up the basic source code for it. He might need a bit of an explanation for some of the terms -- if you don't have the time, do you know someone who might be willing to help him understand the issues? Not sure of the licensing either.

(Zach, could you go back and make a list of the urls/locations of where you got the basis of the code for the asteroids thing, and then the space invaders thing? I'll help you to make a wiki page -- then we can figure out whether it is worth extending to actually put on the laptops. because of processor limitations, it might be interesting to see if simple old school flash games might be nice.)

-Todd

P.S. attached is zach's latest experiment -- we'd get toasted for the logos, but then again it is brand impression -- but those can be substituted. if we could actually get the underlying engine working, i could get in touch with nolan bushnell or current atari inheritors, as well as whoever has the copyright for space invaders, just to get their blessing to avoid litigation. fun if we could get more gnash games. also not sure if i mentioned, am talking to Cyan about trying to get Myst -- seems like Gnash might be the ticket for that -- if they bite. I may try to get them to open source the images at least. The flying bill gates in xoinvaders makes me giggle, i have to say.

On Nov 13, 2007 1:51 AM, strk <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 08:09:27AM +0100, strk wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 04:10:17PM -0800, John Gilmore wrote:
> > It doesn't seem to work for me in an ordinary Firefox using
> > cvs20070706.  The new game buttons and such work, but
> > I never see any asteroids, nor my ship.  --gnu
>
> Works better with current head, only problem seems to be
> the asteroids shapes rendering (at least with AGG).
> They look like opened

I've filed a bug report:

Knowing more from the game developer will greatly help.

--strk;

--
Todd Kelsey

Good Green Fun: http://www.cftw.com/xoroids/

Willy Wonka Wonderful! - http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Image:StartOfMP.jpg

Love Poem for people of Middle East: http://welcome.cftw.com

Tour of laptop | http://wiki.laptop.org/go/608-demo-notes

About Me/CFTW | http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dhbxftbn_35f5b46b&hl=en"> http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dhbxftbn_35f5b46b&hl=en

Loving the World | http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dhbxftbn_36cx4kj7

"Fascinating for me to sit here and realize the interplay and influence that music can have -- it is a part of my life, yet I haven't continued as I could, partly out of thinking "there are more important things". but it has it's place. i am sitting at olpc offices, and someone is playing pink floyd, and I think music is a gift of creativity that can inspire an atmosphere of creativity, and the range of such echoes is infinite." - Me

Free tunes by me: http://www.cftw.com/music