Re: [Gnash-dev] opengl and framebbufer

From: Daniel Amor Martín
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] opengl and framebbufer
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 19:32:04 +0100

Ok, the OpenGL libraries we have talk directly to the framebuffer, or at least thats what we think because no GUI is running and we have some demos playing.

Some time ago we had GPE running in here, so probably we will try using gtk or a sdl-framebuffer, mixed with opengl, this is going to be really funny...

Is there any file containing this glue code? it would be nice just to have a look at it and decide if we can do something in this case, although I assume that it will be in different parts of the source.

Rob Savoye escribió:
Daniel Amor Martín wrote:

The architecture I am using, imx.31, has hardware OpenGL support so I
plan to use it with Gnash but I'm facing a small problem, initially my
device will have only framebbufer, the whole interface will be made in
flash, and when  try to configure gnash to use OpenGL I get an error.

Is there any way to use OpenGL with FB?

  Yes, but the glue code would have to be written for Gnash. We mix and
match renders with other GUIs, but fb has just not had the little bit of
code we need to glue GL into it. Since it is a framebuffer, there may be
other issues using it with GL that we're not aware of.